Friday, March 22, 2013

Low Tide

After a rocky start Low Tide Cardigan is off the needles.


Once I had sorted out my needle sizes and blocked the lace panels, the rest of the knitting flew by without a hitch.

This design uses increases and decreases every other row to create front panels that drape and come to a point.  I know you can't see that in this picture - it seems my daughters are always unavailable when I need a model. Follow the pattern link for additional pictures.  

The effect is a lightweight, airy sweater perfect for spring and summer when you need a little something to throw over your shoulders.


The one modification I made was a garter edge on the bottom and the sleeves instead of the rolled stockinette edge.

The yarn is Lillian in an as-yet-unnamed colorway.  I have a Name That Color session scheduled for later today.  I'm sure I can come up with something.


The only other thing is to add the buttons, but I have them picked out and ready to go.  That's the hardest part.

While we wait for spring and sun, I've been on the lookout for bright, cheery colors.  Apricots will brighten any day and are my color inspiration for the week.


Warm and sunny.

No comments: