Monday, March 25, 2013

Yarn Tasting

On Saturday I took a short trip up the road to Portland.  Winter still lingers, but at least it wasn't stormy.  The day was chilly with a stiff wind, and the sun was shining. 

My destination was KnitWit Yarn Shop, and my mission was to serve up a yarn tasting.  Suzie, the shop owner, has created a warm, welcoming space for knitters.  KnitWit carries a variety of yarn, including a wide selection of Quince & Co.

I set up a display on the large table in the back.


The yarn tasting featured Bertha, Paula and Lillian with skeins available for knitting.  It was a delightful afternoon with people trying on sample garments and pondering different colorways.  It's always fun to help people move out of their color comfort zones.

Before I knew it, it was time to close up shop.  It was a great way to spend an afternoon, and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting some of the regulars at KnitWit.



Suzie believes in supporting local fiber people. Her shop carries yarn from several New England-based businesses, and the staff is fun and helpful.  If your travels take you to Portland, be sure to include a stop at KnitWit.

No comments: