Monday, November 26, 2012

Work Day

The Monday after a long holiday weekend can be rough.  I divided my time between relaxing and working, so I hope the new work week doesn't bite me too hard.  

I also did much more driving than I had originally intended.  Road trips to central Massachusetts and New Hampshire - hours and hours of driving.  If only I had been a passenger.  Instead I listened to the same episode of Wait, Wait . . . Don't Tell Me! so many times that on the final replay I actually got all the answers right.

To ease into the week I have a few random bits to share for . . . 

THIS AND THAT

~ These days I keep an electronic calendar, but that doesn't mean I've gotten rid of paper all together.  I still keep a paper calendar by my desk so that with just a glance I can see what the date is.  Or on really bad days I can figure out what day of the week it is.  Knitwear designer Becky Herrick has put together this lovely calendar with seasonal pictures from Vermont.  It's on my holiday list.

~  Sweaters.  500 Sweaters.  Loes Veenstra has been knitting sweaters since 1955 - over 500 to be exact.  The sweaters are documented in a book, and to celebrate her achievement there was a sweater parade.  Be sure to watch the parade - so many colors and designs.  How many sweaters have you knit in your life?  I haven't kept track, but I know it's not 500.

~ I'm all for recycling, so I was intrigued to discover this pedal-powered mechanism for recycling discarded knits.  There's a bit of exercise involved, and it even includes a feature for taking the kinks out of the once knit yarn.  Extremely clever.

That's enough distraction for one day.  It's Monday, and there's work to be done.

No comments: