Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Woodstacking

Since I'm not traveling any more this year, I've somehow convinced myself that I'll have endless hours of knitting time.  For one reason or another my endless hours have evaporated.  

Or I haven't made the most of my knitting time.  Normally I'm well prepared when I head out the door, but yesterday I took leave of my senses when I left with only one knitting project.  I was on my way to an appointment that was going to be short - in and out without much time for knitting.  

Instead the appointment went long - very long.  At first I wasn't dismayed.  I was a bit irritated when I thought of all the other things that weren't getting done, but I had my knitting.  All would be well.  I would knit my way through the appointment, and that's just what I did. I knit so much I finished the project. And then I had to sit and wait . . . wondering what other people do when they have to wait for appointments and kicking myself for not grabbing that second project. I'm blaming my temporary lapse on the full moon.

I did find time for this project over the long weekend.


Woodstacking by Anne Hanson.

This design has plenty of action without being too complicated - just enough to keep things interesting.


Short and sweet.

And the finished product is full of texture . . . tiny cables coupled with moss stitch.


I'm in the process of sampling this yarn base - a DK weight organic merino.  So far I'm loving it.  It's soft and squishy . . . it might be a keeper.

To complete the test run I'm going to be wearing this cowl, but I might have to make a couple more.  Just in time for wintery weather, just in time for holiday gifting.

No comments: