Friday, November 23, 2012

Feast Day

The day after a holiday can be challenging, but I've given myself permission to ease back into the routine.  After many, many hours of cooking I think it's well-deserved.

From the ingredients.


To the cooking.


To the eating.



It was an enjoyable day with family and friends - a good reminder of how much we have to be thankful for.

We topped off the day with our own parade.


The pie parade.

The day wasn't without its slight imperfections.  I realized after we ate that I'd forgotten to light the candles.  And we experienced a significant shortage of serving spoons.  I have a hunch they're lurking in the dust under a bed.  Teenage boys have been known to shovel food, and serving spoons are the most efficient way to do it.  

After a day filled with plenty, my only hope is that the leftovers last the weekend.

To help me recover from the holiday.


A fun new project in progress.  I think this calls for more coffee and pie.

Unless we get snow, November is a gray month.  The trees are bare; the sky is overcast.  There's not much color.  These flowers brighten things up and remind me of the colors of the season.  My color inspiration for the week.


Cheery red mixed with a healthy dose of yellow and orange.

No comments: