Friday, August 10, 2012

Of Leaves And Things

Last week I had an itch to start a new pair of socks but promised myself that first I would finish the pair in progress.  Sometimes I need a little extra incentive to get projects off the needles.



Embossed Leaves.

I made this pattern a few years ago. 



I enjoyed it as much this time around as I did the first time.  An entertaining 16-round repeat creates these detailed, cushy leaves.

The yarn is Dirty Water DyeWorks Lillian.




The colorway is Ribbit - a scrumptious green with hints of yellow.

Ribbit has just been added to the Lillian line along with Moon Shadow. A few additional colorways will debut in the coming weeks.

Sometimes a grouping of colors will catch my eye.  This progression is my color inspiration for the week.




Blueberries from start to finish.

No comments: