Friday, August 24, 2012

Knit And Tidy

Every once in a while I take time to tidy up my in progress knitting projects.  It's my no knitting left behind campaign.  Sometimes I set aside a project because something more important comes up.  A knitting emergency like a baby sweater for a shower.  Sometimes I set aside a project because I need a break from it.  While I have every intention of getting back to it in a day or two, the days turn into weeks turn into . . . well, you know what happens.

For me the biggest hurdle to dealing with these languishing projects is the amount of time it takes to figure out where I am in the pattern.  I keep notes, but it takes a while to orient myself to the project again.  It takes time to get back in the groove.  Once I'm on track, I can't understand why it took me so long to pick up the project again.

The other day I surveyed my projects on the needles, and I don't have many stragglers.  I've been very diligent about seeing projects through to completion.


All except for Catkin.  I don't remember any more how this one fell out of the rotation.  I think it had something to do with a busy travel schedule.  I hadn't completely forgotten about it, but it's been on the back burner slowly simmering.  

The other day I decided to give Catkin some attention.  Not my undivided attention, mind you, because then something else will fall by the wayside.  I've been knitting Catkin a little bit every day - some days more than others.  It's not difficult or tedious, but it's not a good traveling project.  Right now that's its only limitation.  After a handful of rows this section will be finished, and I'll move on to the final chart. The momentum is building.

Morning glories - now you see them, now you don't.  Morning glory vines creep and crawl and make them a good choice for plant bombing. My color inspiration for the week.


Pink and purple peeking through green.

No comments: