Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer Reading

The summer months can be a good time for many things - from gardening to cleaning out the garage to de-cluttering the house.  I should be more virtuous and tackle some of those household projects, but I'm not.  Instead I look forward to the less-scheduled days of summer to catch up on my reading.  


During the rest of the year I'm always putting books and magazines aside to read later.  The problem is I never make time to read, and the pile just grows and grows.  By the time summer rolls around I have a mountain of books.




This is one stack I'm working on.  I've placed piles strategically throughout the house to increase my odds of getting through them. Knitting books are good summer reading because most of them don't have to be read from cover to cover, and they usually have a lot of pictures.  They're easy to pick up and put down.  


If you're looking for new reading material, check out The Sock Report from Janel Laidman.  This magazine is all about sock yarn and features patterns - not just sock patterns - using sock yarn.  It's available in either the online version or in print from your local yarn shop.  


What are you reading this summer?


Some colors stand out and grab your attention.  That's what my color inspiration for the week did.




Bright and bold.

No comments: