Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Slower Pace

It's that time of year.  People are on vacation, and the work world has slowed down.  It can be challenging for those of us who are trying to work.  Replies to email and voicemail take longer.  It's the waiting game - waiting for a much-needed response, waiting for more information. 
  
Some days I feel I'm working at a turtle's pace, and forward progress is a lofty goal.  Yesterday even the mailman didn't deliver.  The only ones getting real work done are the construction workers who are working on my street.  And they remind me of this fact every morning at 6:30.


Since stalking my inbox isn't productive, I've been working on Alys.




Now that I've set aside the stitches for the sleeves, the rows seem to be zipping right along.  I'm ignoring the fact that I'll have to deal with those sleeve stitches later.  At least I'm making progress on something.

No comments: