Friday, July 27, 2012

Desk Work

Usually I have a knitting project in progress at my desk.  It keeps me occupied when I'm on the phone.  It seems I spend more time on hold than I spend actually talking with people.  A knitting project can be a good distraction from bad background music.  Or sometimes I'm trying to wade through email, but the words aren't flowing.  I take a 15 minute break with a bit of knitting and get back to work with a fresh perspective.


The other day I needed to start a new desk project.  I could start another sock.  Socks are always good, but I've been feeling a hat binge coming on.  I decided to explore that option and came up with this.




Not only did I find a hat, I found a hat KAL - the Rhinebeck 2012 Hat KAL (Ravelry link).  Perfect.  A pattern given out in measured doses. That way when I pick up my desk project, I don't get sucked into hours and hours of knitting.  This little strip is the brim - 15 stitches worked back and forth.  As a bonus this hat will match the Rhinebeck Mittens I made last month.


I don't think I'll ever tire of the red and green color combination, especially the way Mother Nature does it.  My color inspiration for the week.




Eye-catching orbs.

No comments: