Monday, February 20, 2012

Magical Moebius

Sometimes when the inspiration for a new knitting project strikes, I can't say no.  Such was the case last night.  I had just wrapped up a string of long days with the dye pots.  I was physically exhausted, and it probably would have been in my best interest to go to bed early for a change.  But then a little light bulb went on.  Wouldn't it be nice to start a new project - a small something with a little kick to make it entertaining.


Never mind the booth sample in progress.  Or the socks and mittens languishing in the bottom of my knitting bag.  That light bulb grew into a floodlight, and I couldn't resist.




I cast on a Moebius scarf.


Cat Bordhi is the queen of Moebius knitting, and I use her cast on instructions.




There is one long circular needle with two loops of stitches and a twist. All I have to do is work the stitches as they come - the rest is magic. 'Round and 'round and 'round.  Very meditative.  Creating fabric with a built-in twist.  Enchanting.

No comments: