Friday, February 10, 2012

Centrique

This week my knitting time has been focused on one and only one thing.  




Centrique by Carol Feller.


This lovely wrap is destined to be a booth sample.




Once I got in the groove this pattern was a nice relaxing knit, but I did hit a snag early on.


I had almost finished the first lace repeat when I decided to do a stitch count just to confirm that I was on track. 




I was off by one stitch.  One little stitch.  Nothing vexes me more.


I counted and re-counted with the same result.  In a moment of frustration I was tempted to rip back with reckless abandon to the beginning of the lace repeat - some 20 rows back.  I figured the only place I could have gone astray was at the beginning. 


Instead of ripping I took a deep breath, put my needles down and walked away.  When I came back, I decided instead to first rip back a couple of rows. Maybe, just maybe, the extra stitch would sort itself out.  




After ripping back four or five rows the extra stitch was gone, and my stitch count was correct.  Order had been restored.  I love it when that happens.


The yarn is Dirty Water DyeWorks Edna, colorway Dijon.




I'm still not tired of working with Edna.  This wool / silk combination is practical with a hint of luxury.  I can't seem to get enough of it.


This weekend Dirty Water DyeWorks will be at the Slater Mill Knitting Weekend.  The hours are 10:00 - 5:00 on Saturday and Sunday.  If you're in the area and need a fiber fix, be sure to stop by.  See the link for more details.


Sometimes the early bird gets the worm.  Or a colorful sunrise shot. Early one morning I captured my color inspiration for the week.  If you look closely at the bottom edge, you can see the colorful sky reflected in the river below.  The color show lasted for just a brief moment, and then it was gone.




Fast fleeting display.

2 comments:

Karen said...

What a sunrise - my colors! Love Centrique; glad the stitch counts sorted themselves.

Still looking for the right shade, right weight of red yarn for the commissioned prayer shawl. Really need to get started!

Taos Sunflower said...

What a gorgeous sunrise! Love your shawl and how you processed the error. Walking away and germinating on things is a good plan. Cheers to you from NM...