Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Shades Of Brown

Recently I've had several requests for custom dyeing.  I thoroughly enjoy this process - narrowing down the color, experimenting with different options, discovering unexpected surprises along the way.


The other day I found myself working with this yarn.




Bulky Peruvian wool.  Currently I don't offer this yarn, but maybe I should.  A project like this is a great way to give it a test run.  I wound off some sample skeins.


The request was for a color in the brown family.  I came up with half a dozen formulas and decided to try three of them.




I'll get feedback on these.  Maybe one of them is the right color, maybe I have to dye more samples.  Either way I'm glad I don't have to choose because I love them all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's probably good I'm not a dyer. I'd want to make ALL THE COLORS ALL THE TIME! That'd probably involve having too much stock on hand...