Friday, January 20, 2012

Captiva Wrap

Just last week I started a new booth sample.




I was consumed with the magic of short rows and couldn't stop knitting.


In no time the enchantment was over, and I was binding off.




Captiva Wrap.


This design is worked from side to side in a series of short row waves. The short row shaping makes Captiva a shawl that stays put when you wear it.




The scallop border is knit as you go.


The end of the border is finished with a tail.




A tail that's perfect for tossing over your shoulder.


The yarn is Dirty Water DyeWorks Edna, colorway From The Bog.




This yarn is one of my current favorites.  Edna is a blend of Polwarth wool and silk, a combination that gives Captiva elegance and drape. You'll have to excuse the color variation in these pictures.  Winter lighting is not my friend.


But I am enjoying the winter weather.  An arctic blast created my color inspiration for the week.




Icy gray.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So lovely. I must make this.....

Micheleinmainel said...

Very nice, Stefanie!