Monday, August 29, 2011

The Morning After

After a date with Irene yesterday, today dawned bright, clear and sunny.  Mother Nature flexed her muscle, and New England will be cleaning up for quite some time.  Western Massachusetts and Vermont were especially hard hit with severe flooding.  Towns are under water, and covered bridges have been washed away.  It's heartbreaking.  


I rode out the storm with knitting in hand.  The windows rattled, the house shook and I listened to a mysterious drip, drip, drip.  All the while knit, knit, knit.


The mysterious blue-green blob grew.



The end is in sight.




I'm almost out of yarn.  Then the real fun begins.  Don't worry - I'll post all the details.


There was more knitting over the weekend, and I even managed to finish a lingering UFO.  Those pictures will have to wait for another day.


I did put my knitting down long enough to do some baking.




Passing the time with peach pie.

3 comments:

MicheleinMainew said...

Yummy! Glad you are fine. We had wind and rain and no power for about 7 hours but other than that it was fine. I've lived through much worse!

Karen said...

Hi! All is well here, al long as you are not Clara and expecting to have landed in Ireland by now. So far no news as to when she will actually leave.

Wish I had been there for the pie. Hannah baked an nice going away cake for her sister - decorated and everything! - but it was white with white frosting. Rather have fruit or chocolate any day.

Can wait to see what the mystery object is...

Taos Sunflower said...

I thought about you this weekend and wondered if you were in any of those areas that got flooded. Hope not. What a scare that must have been. Glad you did the sensible thing and got your knitting in hand to ride it out.