Friday, August 5, 2011

Downtime

Now that Sock Summit is over, I feel I've earned some downtime. Never mind that the next round of shows will be starting in a few short weeks.  I just updated the website and blog with a list of fall events so I know the next round of chaos is just around the corner. But for now I can pause and savor the moment.


I've had an irresistible urge to knit everything.  I didn't have much knitting time at Sock Summit, and I was prepared for that.  A few rows here and there was all I could manage.


Now that I'm home, I have a case of pent-up startitis.  I could start half a dozen projects without batting an eye, but I've kept it to a minimum.




There is this cute little scarf.  I'm sure it will be a favorite.


And another project to keep it company.




The beginning of a pair of socks.


Then there are the projects I've been contemplating - sweaters, mittens, hats, more booth samples.  The list goes on and on and on.  I came away from Sock Summit full of ideas and inspiration.


It's blueberry season here in New England, and we've done our fair share of picking.




The berries are plentiful right now and picking is easy.


My color inspiration for the week is fresh from the berry bush.




From green to blue and in between.

No comments: