Friday, November 10, 2017

Specklate

This has been one of those weeks, but I'm always looking for the positive.  I didn't make forward progress on many things, but I did finish a sample. 


Specklate.


This was a fun project with plenty of variety.  Simple slip stitches create texture and contrast.


This shawl was close to being finished for a while, so it felt good to wrap it up.


Specklate was outside the box for me.  Usually I use a semi-solid color for lace.  Since the Lillian Sprinkles aren't too busy, I decided to give it a whirl.  The worst that can happen is I have to rip it out.  It's always good to experiment, and I'm happy I did. 





The other color is the popular Lillian Pumice.  Specklate is another good project for playing around with color combinations.

This week's color inspiration is one of my favorite combos.


Browns and blues.

No comments: