Friday, November 3, 2017

A Good Neighbor

The truck is loaded, and I'm waiting for the last load of laundry to finish drying.  After a week full of ups and downs, I'm ready to hit the road.

This story has nothing to do with knitting, but when times are trying, we need to be reminded of positive things in life.  Yesterday I took Benji, our dog, out for a quick walk.  Long story short he was attacked by a neighbor dog that wasn't on a leash.  After unsuccessfully trying to get away from the dog, I was reduced to screaming for help.  

Luckily a woman, Terry, happened to pull up in her car.  She had been in a similar situation and now carries pepper spray.  Terry came to the rescue, and we were able to get away from the other dog.  Benji wasn't hurt although he was definitely upset, and his leash broke.

Terry went above and beyond.  She called animal control and helped me sort it all out with the cops and animal control.  Terry renewed my faith in humanity.  Be a good neighbor.  Look out for one another.

With that incident behind me, I'm more than ready for a fiber weekend. If you're headed to Fiber Festival of New England, you'll find my booth in the same spot - 432 / 33 East.  If you were at Rhinebeck but couldn't get in the booth, we're restocked and ready.  And if you want to follow along, check Instagram for my updates.

It sounds like the dryer is done.  I'm out the door.  For this week's color inspiration, I leave you with this.


Shades of the season.

1 comment:

Meredith MC said...

I’m so sorry for your experience with the dog. That happened to me once, and I still get anxiety attacks when a dog behaves aggressively towards my pets. And I’m a dog lover. Big hugs to you, and your neighbor. Hope your weekend is great!