Wednesday, November 29, 2017

No Power, No Coffee

First thing this morning the guy from the electric company was at our door.  They had to do some maintenance work outside, and it involved shutting off our electricity.  I tried to pin him down and get a sense of how long we wouldn't have power.  "Not long if everything goes right," he said.  And then he went on to explain that he really didn't know how long it would take but that he'd know more once he started the work.

Well, that threw a big wrench in my morning plans.  He didn't even give me enough time to make more coffee.  

Since everything I had planned to do required electricity, I seized the opportunity to knit instead.  I have several projects already under construction, but I decided to cast on and add another one to the mix.


That's what happens when I don't have enough coffee.

No comments: