Monday, January 30, 2017

Always Write It Down

After a weekend crammed with work and family activities, I almost feel relieved that it's Monday.  Farm Fiber Day was a blast.  As always it was inspiring to see and talk with so many knitters.


This is early Saturday morning before the doors opened.  The combination of food and fiber draws a crowd.  For four hours the place was packed and parking was at a premium.  I didn't get a chance to do any browsing, but these two signs sum up the market.



A fiber lounge . . . sounds like the perfect place for an escape.

Thanks to everyone who came out.  Remember we'll be doing it all again on March 4.

Deadlines have a way of creeping up on me, and I have several of them looming large right now.  Only one of them is portable, so yesterday I tackled it when I was out and about with my daughters.


This hat is off to a good start.  It's my own pattern, and I'm trying to recreate it from some sketchy notes, so I hope I don't have to spend a lot of time interpreting and deciphering.  It's challenging.  It took me a while to realize that a note scribbled in the margin is actually a movie recommendation and has nothing to do with the pattern.  That's probably a reflection on both my handwriting and the general purpose nature of my notebook.

Too often my default instruction has been, "I'll remember that - I don't need to write it down."  Working through these notes has confirmed I do indeed need to write it down. 

No comments: