Monday, January 2, 2017

Knit On . . .

Given the way 2016 went, I guess it was only fitting that I bid it good riddance with a head cold the size of Montana.  I was in bed for the better part of three days but did manage to be propped up on the couch for a few hours on New Year's Eve.  I dozed most of the time, but it was my valiant attempt to be present at midnight to wipe the slate clean.

In the past I've mentioned that I rank my sickness by the impact it has on my knitting.  This cold has been so bad that not only wasn't I able to knit, I wasn't able to think about knitting.

Before I lost my knitting mojo last week, I finished this.


Another Rikke Hat.  As soon as it was off the needles, it was out the door with my son on another travel adventure.

According to my knitting schedule, these should have been finished last week too.  Instead, they'll be my first project of the new year.


Fingerless gloves for another son.  I'm about to start knitting the individual fingers . . . kind of fiddly but not too many stitches when you think about it.  My family said I should take another day of rest, so I'm off to put my feet up and knit some fingers.  These should be ready to wear in no time.

I'm sure the year ahead will present more than its fair share of challenges.  As I ponder what lies ahead, I'm reminded of the sage advice of Elizabeth Zimmermann.  "Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises."  

No comments: