Friday, January 27, 2017

That Didn't Take Long

It seems I just started this hat project, and already it's off the needles.


Origami Top Hat.




This project used up a couple leftovers - Lillian Luxe From the Bog, and Lillian March Sky.  Sorry, Luxe still isn't on the website.

I did make a couple modifications to the pattern.  It's written for worsted weight yarn, but instead I held fingering weight double.  I also made a hemmed brim for extra warmth.  You can make it solid or play around with stripes . . . so many possibilities.


The fun part comes at the end when the stitches are manipulated, folded and then kitchenered to create the origami top.  Not the best picture but you get the general idea.


I'm happy my daughter didn't lay claim to this hat or demand it as payment for modeling because I love the fit and the overall squishy texture.  I'm keeping this one.

Just a quick schedule reminder that tomorrow I'll be at Farm Fiber Day at the Wayland Winter Farmers' Market.


This market boasts a diverse mix of food and fiber vendors.  Check it out if you're in the area.

This week's color inspiration comes from one of the exhibits at Slater Mill.


Contact Point by Jackie deRuyter. 


It's made from fiber . . . purplish blue with hints of pink.

No comments: