Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Midweek Musings

This week is all about show prep.  I'm running in several different directions, but here's a smattering of what's going on.

~ Thanks to Karie Westermann I stumbled across this interesting article on Hønsestrick. The article discusses several different aspects of this knitting technique.  What really struck me was that Hønsestrick challenged norms and made a political statement.  Knitting as a force for change . . . food for thought in these turbulent times.

~ I'm in the midst of a long picot bind off.  


I say in the midst because I've only been able to work on it in spurts.  I bind off for a while, realize I haven't made all that much progress, put it down, repeat.  Don't get me wrong.  I love the end result, but it's slow going.  No matter how tedious the task, I'm determined to finish today.

~ Speaking of finished, I thought I was done with my dyeing for this weekend.  I realized this morning I have to dye another pot of yarn. Just one more . . . 

No comments: