Friday, November 18, 2016

Easy-Peasy

With so many pending projects lingering, it felt good to finish something.  It didn't have to be a complex, intricate project to give me a sense of satisfaction.


A simple ribbed hat for my son did the trick.  

I didn't follow a particular pattern.  With 2.75mm needles I cast on 144 stitches.  I used the double knot cast on for a stretchy edge.  I won't give you step-by-step instructions.  Follow the link for details.  I worked in K2, P2 ribbing and added a couple stripes.  When I reached the length my son requested, I decreased following the instructions in the Tri Koigu pattern.  Easy-peasy.

The yarn is Lillian March Sky with a smidge of Sea Breeze thrown in for stripes.  There's a chill in the air, and I feel a hat binge coming on. I've already highlighted a couple patterns.

I had one requirement for this week's color inspiration.  It had to be something to brighten my day and cheer me up.  These lanterns fit the bill.  


Colorful, creative, one of a kind.

No comments: