Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Stripes of a Different Color

The other day I had a meeting.  On my way out the door, I grabbed Drachenfels, my meeting project.  I've dubbed this shawl my meeting project because it seems I work on it only at meetings.

It's funny how taking a break from a project can skew my perception of how much knitting is actually left.  I probably hadn't worked on Drachenfels since a meeting in early April, but I was convinced I was ready to move on to the next section.  Or at least very close to moving on.


The truth of the matter is I'm still in the striped section.  I told myself I had just a handful of rows and then I could start the next section. Wrong.  I have more than just a handful of rows.  I'm still striping, but I'm on the final color combination.  At this point I probably need two handfuls of rows, but for now I'm not counting.  

No comments: