Friday, May 20, 2016

Random on Friday

I enjoy having variety in my work days - that way I don't get bogged down with just one thing.  This has been one of those weeks where I've had an extra dose of variety - a little knitting, a lot of dyeing and hours and hours of planning.  In my world, fall is right around the corner.

To mix it up even more, I did a quick update on the website.  In the end it wasn't so quick because I had to make a lengthy call to tech support. I was on hold for over half an hour, so I made the most of it and turned it into knitting time.


The Rip Curl Shawlette Kit is now available on the website.  This kit features a gradient bundle with a purpose.  The yarn is Lucia, a blend of Superwash Merino and Nylon.  The kit is available in six different colors.

Since I was in the mood to update, I tidied up the events list in the right sidebar.  Note that I added the Squam Art Fair which is coming up in two weeks.  After the dust settles, I'll roll out the fall shows.

I talk about various knitting techniques with customers, and lately one of the most popular ones is the garter tab cast on.  This is one of those techniques that's hard to visualize, so here's a helpful video that takes you through the process step-by-step.

There are so many outdoor color options this time of year.  It's hard to pick just one.  This week's color inspiration . . . 


Pink on green.

No comments: