I've been poking around on Ravelry and lining up new samples. I'm still working out the details and can't cast on just yet. Since I'm finishing up one project, I needed something new to work on in the interim. Oh, the temptations . . .
This is a sweet little project (Belgian Waffle Boomerang) now that it's up and running, but I had a couple false starts. At first I didn't like the gauge, so I adjusted my needle size. Easy enough.
Then after I had worked one repeat, I was convinced it didn't look anything like the pictures. I thought the texture was going to be created with a different technique and had a notion I must have been doing something wrong. So I ripped it all out.
After re-knitting what I had just ripped out, it still didn't look any different, but I decided to forge ahead. After a couple repeats, it started to take shape, and now it looks totally like the picture. Sometimes a little faith in the pattern can go a long way.