Wednesday, May 25, 2016

A Little Faith

I've been poking around on Ravelry and lining up new samples.  I'm still working out the details and can't cast on just yet.  Since I'm finishing up one project, I needed something new to work on in the interim.  Oh, the temptations . . .


This is a sweet little project (Belgian Waffle Boomerang) now that it's up and running, but I had a couple false starts.  At first I didn't like the gauge, so I adjusted my needle size.  Easy enough.  

Then after I had worked one repeat, I was convinced it didn't look anything like the pictures.  I thought the texture was going to be created with a different technique and had a notion I must have been doing something wrong.  So I ripped it all out. 

After re-knitting what I had just ripped out, it still didn't look any different, but I decided to forge ahead.  After a couple repeats, it started to take shape, and now it looks totally like the picture. Sometimes a little faith in the pattern can go a long way.

No comments: