Friday, February 5, 2016

There's Only Room for Three

There's a new booth sample brewing, so yesterday morning I was busy mixing and matching colors.  


You'll notice my beloved gray isn't in the mix.  I would be lying if I said it wasn't in the first round of color options, but by the time I reached the final four, I had reluctantly set it aside.

The problem with the final four is I only need three.  I'm trying to use colors I haven't worked with in a while, so the tan is a 
definite - probably the green too.  I like the purple with the green but maybe not with the tan.  You see where this is going.  I'll sort out the rest of it over the next couple days.

While that percolates, I can focus my attention on this project.


Diane is moving right along.  This shawl is constructed with a series of wedges.  At the beginning of each wedge, all the markers are reset. I've finally hit my stride with this project and feel like I'm picking up momentum.  I'm also highly motivated because I want to wear this.

Remnants of fall provide this week's color inspiration.


Nature's lace.

No comments: