Friday, February 26, 2016

At The Same Time

There's something special about knitting late into the night.  I don't get a chance to do it very often, but I savor the peace and quiet . . . the uninterrupted time.  For me the hard part is knowing when to call it quits.  I find myself muttering, I really should go to bed.  And then I knit another row or another section.

Last night I had such an opportunity.  I was knitting along and could have kept going, but I hit a warning sign.


I had reached the armholes on my modern tunic.  It wasn't extremely late, and I was prepared to go just a little bit further.  I looked at the pattern and saw the instruction Read ahead.  Work on the armholes and the neckline overlaps At The Same Time.  That's all I needed to call it a day.  Too many times I've worked at the same time late at night only to rip it all out in the morning.  Experience is one of the best teachers.

I'm at that point in winter where I'm constantly looking for something bright and cheery.  This week's color inspiration . . . 


Blue as far as the eye can see.

No comments: