Monday, February 1, 2016

Beyond Repair

As knitters we become attached to our finished projects, but at some point you have to let your tattered handknits go.  Recently the heel of a favorite pair of socks blew a hole.


At first I was tempted to repair the heel.  I thought about it a little more and realized that overall the socks were getting thin.  It wasn't a good use of time and effort to repair the heel if the rest of the sock was going to fall apart.  Instead I cast on a new pair of socks.

For some time now my little handknit phone case has been showing signs of wear.  I think I first noticed it late summer.  The case was feeling thin in a couple spots.


Now we're well into winter, and the case is noticeably frayed.  

This weekend I finally started a replacement.


The light blue stripe is for the pocket.  It's a good thing this project is moving right along.  That old case needs to be retired, and I'm ready to let it go.

No comments: