Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Like a Canoe

Over the last few days my sock knitting has taken a back seat to a couple other projects, but I did manage to get this far.


This is the part where I feel like I'm in a canoe.  I finished the heel flap, turned the heel and picked up the gusset stitches.  The two gusset sides have extra stitches and create a long, narrow cavity - the canoe.  It's a little wobbly and a little off-balance, but it never lasts long.  I'll work the decreases and soon enough the sock will be back in the shape of a tube.  

If you're in New England and looking for a way to break up the winter, check out the Green Mountain Knitting Retreat and Fiber Festival, March 18 - 20.  This fiber getaway is held in White River Junction at the Hotel Coolidge.  Wonderful food, a historic venue, knitting by the fireplace . . . all the ingredients for a charming weekend.  This event is hosted by the good folks at White River Yarns.  See the Facebook page for additional information.

No comments: