Monday, February 15, 2016

From the Deep Freeze

This past weekend was made for knitters.  With temperatures below zero and wind chills making it feel much colder, it was the perfect excuse to sit and knit.  Even though I had a date with my paperwork and taxes, I did allow myself a little time for knitting.


Wedge by wedge Diane is getting bigger.  I'm at the point where I feel confident I'll have plenty of yarn to make this shawl bigger than the pattern suggests.  I'll see if that holds true after a few more wedges. 
In fact if I wanted to be certain, I could do some calculations and weigh the yarn to determine how much I'm using on each wedge.

I still have more paperwork to contend with, but there's nothing like Monday to bring me back to reality.  Yesterday I ignored the fact that the hot water in the kitchen was frozen.  I also used it as an opportunity to ignore the dirty dishes.  The water problem didn't sort itself out overnight, and today the situation is serious.  We're almost out of clean dishes, and the counter is cluttered with dirty pots and pans.  It's time to roll up my sleeves and boil some water.

No comments: