Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Just Enough . . .

At the end of last week I came to the realization that to finish my Just Enough Ruffles Light scarf I had to work several rows with 768 stitches.  I didn't do the math to figure out the total stitch count on those rows.  It was going to be a lot of stitches that required a lot of time.

Over the weekend I went above and beyond my maternal duties and agreed to go to the Registry of Motor Vehicles to renew my daughter's car registration.  She asked me in a moment of weakness when I was juggling a couple different things and wasn't really paying attention.  You know those moments.  You say "yes, yes" absentmindedly and don't realize the full impact of your agreement until it's too late.

When Monday dawned, my daughter gave me some paperwork and left on her merry way (please, don't tell me she went to the beach), and I was left to deal with the Registry.  Little did I know I had signed up for the extended stay at the RMV.  I had to stand in line not once but twice and make several phone calls in the process.  In the the interest of research, I verified that those little estimated wait time tickets are a lie.  

In the end I emerged with a registration renewal and a finished project.


Just Enough Ruffles Light.  This scarf is long enough to wrap around a couple times and has wonderful drape.  It's a handy little accessory.

The yarn is Lillian, colorway Gourd . . . perfect for just a splash of fall.


There's nothing like being confined to the RMV to boost knitting productivity.  I felt sorry for all the non-knitters who didn't have anything to occupy their time.

No comments: