Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Breaking the Rule

Every once in a while a pattern catches my eye and calls out for immediate attention.  Usually I'm strong and file it away in my queue. My rule is if it sits in the queue for a while and I'm still really smitten, then I can start it.  I can't tell you how many times I've looked at a pattern in my queue and commented, "What was I thinking?"

I guess rules were meant to be broken because yesterday I fell hard for Kaerlig.  Someone commented that these mitts had an intriguing thumb gusset, so of course I had to investigate.  After that it was all over.


I went on a little knitting bender late last night.  This morning I'm looking at the cuff and debating if I want to make it a little deeper.  The cuff is pretty standard, but after that things get interesting.  I can hardly wait.

No comments: