Monday, September 21, 2015

From Farm to Shop


Some fiber events are outdoors, some are indoors.  This past weekend I got to sample the best of both worlds.


On Saturday I was at Tangerini's Spring Street Farm for a one day event.


The setting at the farm was lovely.  I had never been to Tangerini's before, so it was fun to discover a new place.

And I got to meet some people face-to-face whom I had only known via email or online conversations.



Talitha Kuomi was one.  Her Munka hat made out of Marie was on display.  This hat has been on my list, so it was nice to see it in person.  With hat season right around the corner, I'll definitely be making one of these.


This sweet sweater, Baby Kylie, caught my eye.  I'm tucking the idea away for the next time I need a baby sweater.

Pam Sluter was also on hand with samples of her work.  I have a thing for gray and yellow, so of course Grellow caught my eye.

Sunday I was off to one of the stops on the Greater Boston Yarn Crawl.


I spent the afternoon at The Fiber Loft.


This is the shop sample of Moonraker made out of Lillian.  This has been on my list too.  Now that I've seen it, I've bumped it up a few notches.


The Fiber Loft is a well-rounded shop.  


In addition to knitting classes, they also offer classes in crochet, weaving and spinning.


I spy a pretzel.  What do you see?

Now I'm off to play Monday catch-up.

No comments: