Friday, July 3, 2015

Shipping Out . . .

My Strathcona is off the needles and blocked. I couldn't be happier.


Later this morning I'll pop it in the mail, and my part in this larger project - 5 scarves total - will be finished.

This pattern wasn't hard, and I love the finished product, but the second half was a challenge.  I have one issue with mindless projects. They aren't a good distraction.  Instead of being absorbed in the project at hand, all I can think about is other knitting I would rather be doing.  It took all my resolve to keep knitting this scarf and not pick up any of the entertaining projects I already have in progress.   

This design features bias garter on the ends and a lace mesh pattern in the middle.  It's a great design, and I would definitely wear this scarf if I didn't have to ship it off for a good cause.


The yarn is Julia, colorway Cinderella.  This blend is 50% Superwash Merino, 50% Tencel.  I hadn't knit with it in a while and had forgotten the nice drape and shimmer.

Thanks to everyone who left a comment for the bonus giveaway.  So many of you are busy with KALs.  I've always said that mistakes are one of the best teachers.  Rebecca's comment reinforced that notion, ". . . my second go at the same pattern - learned a lot from my mistakes ."  Mistakes will always happen, and you're never too old to learn.

Congratulations to Tia and Bethany.  I'll be back with another giveaway round later in the month.

This week's color inspiration wouldn't be nearly as striking without the contrast.


White on green on white.

Enjoy the holiday weekend!  Safe travels if you're on the road.

No comments: