Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Utilizing Resources

I've been on a bit of a tear with my delayed spring cleaning.  Better late than never, I say.  The first order of business was my desk, and I've been sorting through papers and organizing files.  It's a bit discouraging when no one else notices that my desk is tidy now, but I'm not going to let that stop me from tackling other problem areas around the house.

I have a wonderful crew of friends, and they often offer to help with this, that and the other thing - labeling yarn, packing orders, knitting samples, even cleaning the kitchen.  Sometimes I'm not organized enough to take advantage of the extra help, but it's reassuring to know it's available.  

The other day an offer came in, and the timing was perfect.  My friend, Alice, was hanging out for the day.  I was working, but it's nice to have company as I bounce back and forth between the computer and the dye pots.  Alice had already labeled yarn and put the kitchen back in order, but she was ready for another task.  

I thought of my spring cleaning projects and picked one that was near the top of the list.  I tossed out a suggestion.  How about putting my stash in order?  I know there are things I need to get rid of and things I want to keep, but it's really kind of a mess right now.  Alice got busy and hauled everything out of the stash closet.


This is just some of the mess.

Alice sifted and sorted . . . a pile to keep, a pile to give away, a pile to throw away.  She asked me questions as she worked through all the bins and bags.  A couple times she was the objective voice of reason when she convinced me to let go of yarn that I will never use.


Before I knew it, she was finished.  I have a few smaller bins of yarn, but the bulk of my stash has been reduced to this neat, tidy corner. Thanks, Alice, on a job well done.

No comments: