Monday, March 9, 2015

The Dog Ate My Knitting

That's my excuse for not making more progress on my most pressing knitting project.  To be accurate, the dog didn't eat my knitting.  He just made a big mess of it.


It was a busy weekend, and I had finally given myself permission to do a little knitting.  When I went to get my project, I found my ball of yarn in a tangle.

Benji is my daughter's dog, but he's been on an extended stay at my house.  For the most part he's a good dog - fun and lovable.  He brings a certain liveliness to the household dynamics.  I don't know what got into him over the weekend, but clearly we weren't giving him enough attention.  

I guess I should consider myself fortunate that he didn't destroy what was already on the needles.  As you can see I made an attempt to start untangling from the other end, but it was late and the yarn was a dark color.  Need I say more?

The situation was compounded by losing an hour on Saturday night and spending way too much time on paperwork and taxes.  I was in no condition to untangle, so I turned my attention elsewhere.


There's nothing like a soothing sock project to take the edge off.  This heel flap is ready to be turned.  That untangling job might have to wait a little bit longer.

No comments: