Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Working from a List

Rhinebeck has come and gone, but that doesn't mean I get a vacation. Next week I'll be on the road again for Fiber Festival of New England. As with every show I have a to-do list, and this is near the top.


A new cowl sample, short and sweet, out of Crystal.  Merino, Yak and Silk is always a nice treat, and I'm not going to argue with a list that makes me sit and knit.

While catching up on all things post-Rhinebeck, I stumbled across a handy helper.  How many times have you thought of buying yarn without an exact pattern in mind?  You want to get enough for a sweater, but how much is enough?  Consider StashBot.  It contains yardage estimates for vests, sweaters, hats, mittens, scarves and socks all in different sizes and different gauges.  Download the app to your phone, and you're ready to go.

I'm off to tackle my to-do list on this raw, rainy day.  I think more knitting is in order.

No comments: