Friday, October 3, 2014

Knitting to Taste

Knitting is a constant in my day-to-day life, and most days I to knit at least a few rows here and there throughout the day.  It keeps me going. On the rare occasion I can't squeeze in any daytime knitting, I console myself with the fact that, at the end of the day, I will have knitting time.

That was the case yesterday.  All day long I was looking for just a few minutes to pick up my needles.  It didn't have to be much.  I have booth samples under construction, and every little bit helps.  The opportunity came late afternoon as I was sitting in the truck waiting for one of my kids.  I knew I had a decent wait on my hands - probably enough time for several rows.  

And then it happened.  The dark started to creep in, and it moved quickly.  I haven't quite made the adjustment to shorter daylight, and I wasn't prepared with appropriate knitting.  I had only one project with me, and it required light.  So I waited in silence and thought about how I was going to finally enjoy some knitting time later in the evening.  My mind started to wander, and it's a good thing it did because I remembered a little project for the weekend that needed my attention.


This is what I worked on last night - my contributions for a yarn tasting at Vermont Sheep & Wool.  This is the first time they've offered a yarn tasting, and I think it's a fun idea.  I'm not sure how many vendors are participating, but I plan on tasting some other yarns.

In an effort to be über-efficient (my inner German requires the umlaut), I didn't unpack the truck after last weekend.  All week I've been driving around town with a full wool wagon.  This morning I still have loose ends to deal with, but at least the bulk of the packing is done.  I'm almost ready for another weekend on the road.

I caught this week's color inspiration on a gray, rainy day.  The weather conditions probably made it appear more vivid. 


If you look closely, you can even see a star.

No comments: