Wednesday, September 24, 2014

On the Rebound

Sometimes the universe manages to achieve balance.  Yesterday was particularly challenging, so late in the day I decided to clear my head. I could have settled in with my knitting, curled up with a book or even gone to bed, but instead I decided to tidy up my work space.

One thing led to another, and I found myself getting deeper and deeper into the whole process.  After one little corner was neat, I had to keep going because it made the rest of the space look that much worse.  I didn't finish the whole room because that would have required an all-nighter, and I don't do those any more.  Well, maybe if the situation warrants, but in my book cleaning is not an acceptable reason to stay up all night and suffer from extreme exhaustion the next day.

In the course of my tidying, I made a discovery.  I had survived a grueling day and was rewarded for my cleanup efforts with this.


Undyed yarn.  OK, undyed yarn in and of itself isn't surprising.  In fact I have quite a bit of it.   The surprising thing is that I didn't know I had this particular undyed yarn.  This blend is no longer available in this skein size, and I'm thrilled that I stumbled across it.  I thought I had just a handful of skeins, but this is more than just a handful.  It's enough for a limited edition.

Today is a new day.  I've bounced back, and I'm off to have some color fun.   

No comments: