Monday, September 29, 2014

First Things First

It's Monday morning after a delightful weekend on the road.  I would love to ease into the day with coffee and knitting, but first things first. I started the laundry and tidied the kitchen.  I will never understand why my kids think that filling the sink with dirty dishes and leaving them there qualifies as cleaning the kitchen.

I always enjoy traveling in the fall, and this weekend was no exception.  The fall colors are well on their way with a few brilliant bursts here and there . . . a tease of what's in store in the coming days.  The temps were on the warm side, but at least it was dry.

Here's an assortment of things that caught my eye at the Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival.


This Cormo / Alpaca / Silk blend was very tempting.


Curly locks to match the season.

Of course there were animals.  Some real.


Some not.



There were useful wooden tools made by Stephen Willette.  


I always stop in his booth to take a look.  One of these days I won't walk away empty-handed.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by the booth to chat.  There was show and tell, but I completely forgot to take pictures.  To the customer who drove up from Philadelphia, I hope you had a safe trip home.  It was fun to see so many familiar faces, and it was a good opportunity to catch up on your current knitting projects.

It looks like coffee and knitting will have to wait.  I'm off to make a dent in my to-do list.  In a few shorts days, I'm on the road again.

No comments: