Monday, March 3, 2014

Ziggity

Just off the needles and freshly blocked.


Ziggity.

This was a quick knit.


Not in the sense of short and sweet, but in the sense of so entertaining and interesting that I didn't want to put it down.  My to-do list suffered while I worked on this project.

When all was said and done, I was left with this.


Usually I try to minimize the number of ends, but the large bands of color left no other option.  Weaving in these ends didn't take that long. To tackle the job I sat down with a cup of coffee.  Both the ends and the coffee were finished at the same time.

Garter ridges for texture.  Lace panels for contrast.


The yarn is Paula, colorways IPA and Celeste.  There were several color combinations that struck my fancy.  This pattern might be worth repeating.

Thanks to everyone who entered the contest.  Reading the comments is like taking a peek into everyone's knitting bag.  The winner this time around is susanF.  Stay tuned.  There will be another giveaway later this month.

1 comment:

Pat's here said...

Great color combo and I especially like IPA! This one's going into my faves.