Friday, February 28, 2014

Light and Airy

It was time for a new sock project, so the other day I spent time looking at patterns.  Often I gravitate toward socks with some type of ribbed design, but this time I made a conscious effort to branch out. Since this project will inevitably be on-the-go, I didn't want a pattern what was too involved.  That's probably why I often choose the above-mentioned ribbed patterns . . . somewhat mindless with a little bit of interest.

After some debate I settled on this.


Hayrick Sock.  The 8-row pattern repeat creates the illusion of cables and lace.  Very clever yet easy to remember.  An airy sock in a light color must mean we're moving toward spring.

My color inspiration this week paints a picture.


Bright surrounded by a black border.


Many colors, lovely details.

No comments: