Friday, March 28, 2014

Ribbing Repeat

After an intensive pattern search on Ravelry and beyond, I think my brain latches onto certain design elements or stitch patterns.  They roll around in there for a few days.  Eventually something surfaces and finds a way out.  That can be the only explanation for what's happening across a couple current projects on my needles.

Behold 3 x 1 ribbing.


Here.


And here.  

I was working on this sock yesterday when it dawned on me that I'm working the same stitch pattern for both projects.  Don't get me wrong. I love ribbing, but I found it amusing that I unintentionally ended up with two projects using the same stitch pattern.

Late last fall someone gave me one of those bloom-your-own Amaryllis kits.  I set it aside for another day.  In the midst of the gray days of March, I pulled it out and added water.  Perfect timing.  My color inspiration for the week.


Amaryllis bright.

No comments: