Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Of Driving and Knitting

The other day I was involved in a discussion about driving and knitting and the benefits of being a passenger.  Part of my job description includes "driving to-and-fro", so it's not too often that I get to enjoy the perks that come with sitting in the passenger seat.

On those rare occasions when I am a passenger, I'm amazed at what I've been missing.  When did that store close?  How long has that restaurant been open?  When did they put in that new building?  All of these comments on streets that I drive day in and day out.

Today I'm headed out on a day trip with a dear friend.  Since I'm driving, I won't be knitting down the highway, but when we arrive at our destination, I'll have some knitting time on my hands.  I consider it my reward for getting us from here to there.


I never travel with just one project.  Somehow it seems irresponsible. After some debate I settled on these two but am contemplating throwing a third one in the bag for good measure. The more the merrier.

No comments: