Monday, March 24, 2014

Mondo Cable Cardi

Last week on Monday I had new socks.  This week it's a new sweater.


Mondo Cable Cardi.

This sweater is knit from the top down in one piece.  The design includes three collar options.  I went with the middle one.

It had been a while since I'd worked with worsted weight yarn, so this felt like a very quick knit.  It helped that everything came together without too much trouble.

This sweater has minimal finishing.  The most time-consuming part for me was attaching the clasp at the collar.  I had to test the theory . . . the third time was a charm.

The yarn is Johanna, Rooster Red.


This base is 100% Targhee wool.  I'm in love with the spring and cushy bounce of this yarn.  I will definitely make another sweater with it.

For once I have good timing.  We still have very cool temps . . . perfect sweater weather.

No comments: