Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Saved by a Sock

Sometimes it pays to travel light.  The other day I left the house for a marathon session of errands, appointments and meetings.  I was going to be gone for hours but was encouraged by the fact that there would be plenty of waiting time to fill with knitting.  I grabbed my knitting bag without a glance and was on my merry way.

At the first opportunity for some knitting, I pulled out my bag.  I found my sock project without too much digging, but surely I'd brought my new shawl project.  I dug a little deeper.  Still no shawl project.  I emptied the entire bag, searching like the project was playing hide-and-go-seek with me.  I came up empty-handed.  I usually have a minimum of two projects with me, but the only one I had in tow was the sock.  The heel flap was finished, and it was waiting patiently for me to pick up stitches.

I was disappointed, to say the least, but tried to find the silver lining.  I was really looking forward to working on that shawl but consoled myself with the fact that at least I had the sock with me.  I still had hours and hours to go.  Imagine if I didn't have any knitting?  Yes, things could definitely be worse.

As I made my way through the next several hours, I worked on that sock whenever I had a chance.  When all was said and done, I finished the first sock and started the second one.


Not too bad for a day of on-the-go knitting.

No comments: