Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Worth Repeating

There are so many good books to read . . . so many that I could never read them all in one lifetime.  Every once in a while, an exceptionally good one comes along - one that's so good I would consider reading it again.  But that doesn't happen very often.  Life is short, and there's only so much time to spend on books.

The same is true of knitting patterns.  There are so many good knitting patterns - intricate designs, clever construction, simple comfort. The list goes on and on.  I'll never be able to knit all the patterns that capture my interest.  And like books, the standard is high.  There are only a few patterns I would consider making a second time.

This is one of them.


Cream and Sugar Cowl.  I made this cowl once before, but it's a booth sample.  Occasionally I wear it in the booth, but that's the only active duty it gets.  What's made for the booth stays with the booth.  

This winter I've had a terrible time keeping track of my cowls.  I can understand losing mittens.  I take them off and on all the time and inevitably leave at least one behind.  But not so with a cowl.  Once I put it on, it's on for the day. 

Rather than waiting for my missing cowls to surface, I decided to knit a new one.  I was browsing through my pattern queue and Ravelry when I remembered Cream and Sugar with its cozy cabled texture.  I had to have one of my own.  

The yarn is Lillian, colorway Topaz.  We're still in the thick of winter. I'm not ready to make the leap to spring colors just yet.

1 comment:

Pat's here said...

Stephanie, what are some of the books you've read again? For me, recently: Cutting for Stone, The Kite Runner, The Life of Pi and The Book Thief.