Friday, February 7, 2014

IPA

I'm always experimenting with new colorways.  


Some morph from existing colorways, some happen quite by accident and some are deliberately planned.

This is the story of how one colorway came to be.  I received an email from a customer - an enthusiastic and passionate knitter in Rhode Island.  She and her knitting buddies were having a couple beers. They remarked that the beer was a lovely color.  Wouldn't it be nice to have yarn that matched?

And so the request was made.


Smuttynose IPA.  For color accuracy, they told me what they had been drinking.  For color accuracy, I had to sample some. 

Projects like this provide hours of entertainment.  I mixed several different dye batches in an attempt to get a match and finally settled on this.


IPA in Lillian and Paula.  Freshly brewed and available in any quantity, not just a six pack.

The storm the other day brought fresh snow and ice . . . and my color inspiration for the week.


Crystal clear.

1 comment:

Alanna said...

I'm not much of a beer drinker, but this IPA looks pretty delicious!